Master of Information Technology (Expected 2020)
Charles Sturt University, Australia
Bachelor of Science in Computer Science (Completed 2010)
Carnegie Mellon University, USA
Lead Software Engineer, Baker Hughes, A GE Company
May 2016 - Jan 2019
- Developed a data processing pipeline for discovering, cleansing, interpreting and cross-referencing drilling data stored in proprietary file formats distributed in various repositories within an organization. The work undertaken includes re-purposing technologies used in internet search engines and natural language processing to discover and extract data from disparate sources and integrating them in a single relational database.
- Developed a 3D oil field visualization software that allow well-planners to quickly browse through thousands of wells and identify the ones with similar trajectories and geological profiles.
- Developed a Natural Language Processing application to compare differences in manufacturing specifications between customer and vendors. This tool helped in reducing engineering hours needed to manually review these documents.
IT Pricing Leader, GE Oil & Gas
Nov 2013 - Apr 2016
Leading the IT implementaion of a business initiative to evolve the pricing strategy of GE O&G spare parts business from Cost-Plus Pricing to Value-Based Pricing.
- Implemented a data warehousing solution to consolidate data from ERP systems, in-house applications and manual data sources.
- Led the effort to develop powerful in-house statistical tools to help the business define price corridors by analyzing historical transactions.
- Implemented a natural language rules engine to allow business users author company pricing guidelines.
- Implemented a custom application to compliment the existing ERP Order Management module with advanced pricing capabilities.
Software Engineer, GE Oil & Gas
Jun 2010 - Oct 2013
- Developed distributed machine learning algorithms to predict thermodynamic performance of centrifugal compressors.
- Developed algorithms to pre-process and analyze gigabyte scale operational data from compression trains.
- Developed highly interactive visualizations of multivariate data
- Lead a team of Java developers to create a series of productivity applications to reduce engineering design cycle time.